PREPARATION TIME: approx. 60mins
12 inch thin pizza crust
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3-4 large basil leaves, cut into strips
2 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Drizzle the olive oil over the pizza shell. Use a brush to spread it around and make sure to get the crust!
3. Next, disperse the finely chopped garlic evenly.
4. Spread the mozzarella cheese throughout the top, but keep it thin.
5. Place the thinly sliced tomatoes across the entire pizza.
6. Lightly salt and pepper the tomatoes with the salt.
7. Spread the fresh basil leaves, making sure to get some on tomatoes and on just the cheese itself.
8. Cook the pizza in the oven for about 9-10 minutes, or until sufficiently crispy and melted to your liking.
9. Add a little parmesan cheese and (optional) crushed red pepper and enjoy.