PREPARATION TIME: 20 mins
1 medium eggplant, weighing about 1 lb.
¾ tbsp olive oil
¾ tbsp balsamic vinegar
¼ tsp dry Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper
4 oz halloumi cheese
1. Deseed the peppers and chop into 2cm chunks. Cut the halloumi into 2 cm cubes. Put the halloumi, peppers and tomatoes into a large bowl.
2. Use a speed peeler to peel the courgettes into in long ribbons, then add to the bowl.
3. Pick and finely chop the mint leaves discard the stalks. Deseed and finely chop the chilli.
4. Add both to the bowl then finely grate in the zest of the lemon. Add the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix well to coat.
5. If using a griddle pan, put it on a high heat now to get screaming hot.
6. Skewer up the halloumi, cherry tomatoes and peppers alternating with folded ribbons of courgette.
7. Cook on a griddle pan for 5 or 6 minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through.