PREPARATION TIME: 10mins
1 tub of salad cheese cubes, natural
400 g San Marzano tomatoes
Sea salt and coarsely ground pepper
1 red onion
100 g small black olives in oil
60 g pine nuts
Fresh basil leaves
For the dressing:
3 tbsp oil from the olives
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1. Rinse the tomatoes, and cut each tomato into three thick slices. Turn the tomatoes in salt and pepper.
2. Cut the red onion into thin wedges and turn together with the tomatoes, salad cheese and the olives.
3. Beat the ingredients for the dressing and pour over the salad.
4. Toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan until they are golden brown. Keep an eye on them as they will suddenly start to brown quickly.
5. Sprinkle the pine nuts over the salad and garnish with plenty of fresh basil.
Try to make the tomato salad using tomatoes in different shapes, sizes and colours. It looks beautiful and gives the salad an interesting taste.